The DC Chapter of Log Cabin Republicans is a grassroots chapter of the national organization representing the Capital area region. We believe in limited government, strong national defense, free markets, low taxes, personal responsibility, and individual liberty. Log Cabin represents an important part of the American family—taxpaying, hard working people who proudly believe in this nation’s greatness. We also believe all Americans have the right to liberty and equality. We believe equality for gay and lesbian people is in the finest tradition of the Republican Party. Opposing LGBT equality is inconsistent with the GOP’s core principles of smaller government and personal freedom.
What we support:
- Marriage Equality
- Employment Nondiscrimination
- Strong National Security
- Tax Reform
- Smaller Government
- Free Markets
- Personal Responsibility
- Basic fairness for LGBT families in adoption, immigration and inheritance laws
On the Local Level:
- Reasonable and fair home rule for the District and its citizens
- School Choice initiatives
- Maintaining marriage equality in the District as settled law
- Candidates that support the core principles of the Log Cabin Republicans
- Accountability and strong ethical standards on the DC Council through true bi-partisan representation
The District of Columbia Chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans has monthly meetings, important guest speakers, and fabulous social events.
Do you like this page?